This is a break from the norm but it has become important. About 3 weeks ago I started communicating with Mindy Sauer about her son Ben. Ben has a tumor in his brain and she asked for thoughts and prayers, now about 20,000 people have responded. Ben was featured in the Buffalo News today, as many may know the doctors have given some grim news. I am not the most faithful person in the world but I will not give up on my prayers for the Sauer family (they all need they prayers). Mindy through her strength and faith has actually boosted mine and I believe that she can do the same for others. Please visit Bens site here https://www.facebook.com/prayforbensauer and drop some thoughts and prayers, it will not only do Ben and his family good but you also.
God moves in mysterious ways.
Some fun information and scattered thoughts.
Wings or Chicken Wings but not Buffalo Wings, buffalo, contrary to popular folklore do not have wings. I do not know anyone from Buffalo that calls them Buffalo Wings. 50 years. WOW! congratulations! There is little doubt in my mind that “The Anchor Bar” is the first restaurant that commercially sold chicken wings for the first time 50 years ago despite some people arguing that it may have been another facility. I also have little doubt in Dominic Bellissimos story that “On a Friday night in 1964, Dominic Bellissimo was tending bar at the now famous Anchor Bar Restaurant in Buffalo, NY. Late that evening, a group of Dominic’s friends arrived at the bar with ravenous appetites. Dominic asked his mother, Teresa, to prepare something for his friends to eat.
They looked like chicken wings, a part of the chicken that usually went into the stock pot for soup.
Teresa had deep-fried the wings and flavored them with a secret sauce. The wings were an instant hit and it didn’t take long for people to flock to the bar to experience this new taste sensation. From that evening on, Buffalo Wings became a regular part of the menu at the Anchor Bar.” It is all very reasonable. There is a little more to the back story that many in the area my age and older might remember. Yes, some used wings for soup stock, but for a great number of families in this region wings were a supplement staple. Meat markets often gave wings to poorer families for free. They were just going to throw them out anyway.
$1.00 wings 25 years ago WOW
Typically a food is associated with a country. I love that Buffalo (a city) is known world-wide for a food. As with all things there is good with bad and Buffalo is on the map but now something that was once considered trash or at best for stock is now almost a delicacy that also demands the price. I will never forget a 10 10 220 commercial of about 20 or more years ago. It was a commercial for $0.99 long distance (land line) phone calls. The commercial always compared the long distance service to things that cost a dollar to demonstrate that the phone call is a good deal. They did this with a bunch of pro football players at a party and they were saying what s good deal the “Buffalo Wings” were at a dollar a wing when we in Buffalo were still paying $0.10 a wing.
Share your story about wings and how they helped stretch your family’s food budget and/or the outrageous prices and approximate date that you seen them.
No, I do not agree with Arizona governor Jan Brewer vetoing bill on denying services to gays. I think that she and many others do not have the ability to see some aspects of this law.
Perspective: Help me understand, not everyone has to tolerate everyone in this country that is a persons right. Since this law some have taken to post signs in their business that state that they reserve the right not to serve the state legislators. I think that is great. It is your right as a business owner to have the right to run the business the way you want. There are many protections like the right to refuse service to anyone.
I really do not fully understand the problem with a business stating that they wish not to serve someone from the LGBTQQI community. My thinking is why would you want to patronize a place that does not want you? Being a biker I have similar issues. There is a restaurant “The Boston Hotel” that I will not go to because bikes, bikers, leather, and tattoos are not allowed so I will not visit that establishment. There are people who are going to read this that are more wealthy than I so I hope that they do not ever go to a restaurant that has a dress code because I cannot afford to buy the clothes to go these places but perhaps once a year or so I could afford a meal there. What is the difference? Discrimination is discrimination. If you go to these restricted restaurants and clubs you have to stop. Friends of mine and I were asked to leave a gay bar because we were straight, a very nice bar by the way City Lights, they did not want my money so be it.
Why would anyone care about this law, in fact it helps. It identifies those who do not want your business so why would you help them prosper by giving them your money? This makes no sense to me. Really the law seems to be a win for the LGBTQQI community. You really cannot force people to like or respect you, birds of a feather comes to mind. Forced integration works no better than forced segregation. Let us face it there are likely not too many bikers that hang out with bird watchers and visa versa but perhaps some. A better scenario, hunters and non-hunting wild life photographers, why force these people together? It makes no sense and no good can come of it. It seems to me that people are trying to mix oil and water despite the impossibility. They (the people who do not want you in their business) do not seem to like you and you do not seem to like them so why be together? Simple right?
“Poll: Hillary Clinton gains respect, likability for 2016,” according to “USA Today.” My God people, wake up. The big three of the scores of scandals are Watergate, Whitewater, and Benghazi, if these are not reasons to disqualify her then the American voters are morons and we are all lost. Men have been disqualified for having a past affair, she killed people. The poll further states: 38% of the people said there was a good chance that the would vote for Clinton if she ran in 2016. 24% said there was some chance (yeah, if you are thinking about it you will), 38% no chance, and 3% don’t know/refused. This tells me that 59% are voting for her. Yes I realize that there is the electoral college to consider but come on, really. No one has officially named themselves as candidates in 2016 but we already have declared a undeserving wiener, I mean winner. This is just the way that the media and the powers that be prepare the public to accept their agenda for the future. They bleed the information slowly so that when the time comes people are so use to the idea (not necessarily accepting of but use to the idea) that it is better accepted.
Link to the article below:
Welcome to the NWO. It does not matter what you do or say they have time to brainwash you. People as a collective have to put a stop to this now. Show them this type of manipulation will not work, n=do not vote for this worse yet not yet candidate, candidate.
It is difficult to have a lower opinion of the Buffalo News (morning print) but today their real estate value dropped a little more and USA Today’s went up. The headlines this morning are the reason why. USA Today headlined one of the most important, world reaching, and history in the making current events. It headlined the crisis in Ukraine, where two old superpower adversaries are bucking heads again in a way that they have not for more than 30 years. What did the Buffalo News headline? “12 Years a Slave” was named best picture at the 86th Academy Awards. The top half of the paper was about a movie and its award. Wow! The Ukraine crisis received about one eighth of the front page. Congratulations BN you just created another epic fail. Here is a story that potentially has world reaching implications and is history unfolding but you cover a story about a movie that won an award that was about an event that happened almost 200 years ago. Good job.
People magazines cover story today was Paula Dean 9 months after her “career-shattering scandal.” Paula Dean was also quoted saying that she learned a lot. Mind you this scandal happened how many decades ago? This all because she was asked if she ever used the word I assume nigger, although one truly can not be sure because they asked her if she ever used the n-word. Sorry, but I would want clarification in court where I may be incriminating myself . I would need to know what n-word they were referring to exactly, and I would want to know if the prosecutor or plaintiff has ever used the h-word, but that is a blog for another day. The point being, did Spike Lees “mother fucker hipster” rant become career-shattering and does anyone think 9 months from now a magazine will cover story him asking if he learned anything? YEAH, RIGHT! Only whitey can be racist.